Thursday, June 18, 2009

Vista Point



Karen Ave, east of Dillon Road
Desert Hot Springs, CA

This one takes a bit more explanation: I took Dillon Road, the scenic route, back from Thousand Palms and turned off onto a dirt road to catch a close-up view of the windmills. Karen Ave was unpaved in gravelly white, and as I looked for a spot to pull over, I noticed all these piles of rubble on the side of the road. Shattered concrete, exploded building materials, and several dresser drawers were strewn everywhere. It was like a tornado had obliterated a town and left this ephemera in its wake.

I then stumbled upon this couch, positioned perfectly for windmill-watching, and relatively in tact.

I have no idea what happened on Karen Ave but it looks unliveable, despite all the real estate ads for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment